- Are abundant in antioxidants, combat inflammation and support healthy immune functions. They get their characteristic flavour and colour from a natural oxidation process after the leaves are picked.
- These teas are ‘fired’, so in order to extract maximum flavour, they need to be brewed with freshly rolling boiled (not re-boiled) water, to get the amount of oxygen required for the brewing process.
- Are low in caffeine, high in vitamins C and E and an excellent source of antioxidants. Leaves are transported to the factory within 1 hour of plucking and gently blanched and rolled to preserve their natural vitamins.
- Water temperature must be cooler than boiling to prevent scorching the delicate leaves which can lead to bitterness.
- Are caffeine free with health benefits ranging from relieving stress and anxiety to aiding the digestive and nervous system and strengthening the immune system. They are wonderful tonics and have been used for centuries to promote health and wellbeing.
- May be served hot or cold. One portion can be infused at least twice before discarding.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with recommended brewing times and quantity of leaf to achieve your perfect cuppa!
Click on the tea below for brewing instructions.
Use a small tsp of flowers per cup and freshly boiled water. Leave for just a minute or two for a delicate flavour or brew for longer depending on personal preference. The flowers can be used more than once before discarding.
Use approx one tsp (2 grams) per cup and brew for 3-4 minutes. This herbal tea has a beautiful soft liquor and delicate aroma and is drunk without milk.
Use approx one tsp (2 grams) per cup. Always brew with water that is cooler than boiling (80 degrees) to avoid scalding the leaves which can lead to bitterness. Leave only a minute or two for a subtle, delicate flavour or brew for longer depending on personal taste. Drink without milk.
Use one tsp per cup and boiling water. Brew for a couple minutes for a delicate flavour or leave for longer depending on personal taste. A wonderful cleansing and invigorating tonic.
Use a small tsp per cup and boiling water. Drink within a minute or two for a delicate flavour or leave for 3-4 minutes. Excellent as an after dinner beverage as it aids the digestion and settles the stomach.